November 14, 2022
- UPDATED: When order notes are added to an order purchased through the web checkout, Bloom will add a new order attribute: Order note: Yes. This can be used with Shopify Flow to tag orders with notes, send your administrators an email when an order is created with a note, and more.
- FIX: Many shops started to see errors when new members where joining a club. The message "There was an error in the third-party application." would display instead of the Welcome to the club view. This error has now been fixed.
- WORKING ON: We're putting the finishing touches on our batch order performance updates, as well as our new join form for new members who want to create a membership from the website.
November 1, 2022
- NEW: When you start using allocations with 1.0, our "wish for more" features are fully complete. These include the ability to search for the quantity of wish products requested, admins can grant wishes, and send emails to members where they can click to complete the purchase. Wishes will be included on the original allocation order so they can all be shipped at one time. We're excited for everyone to check out these awesome additions.
- UPDATE: We've made more improvements and feature additions to our 1.0 Batch Orders, which will allow you to update orders individually before they are batched and imported into Shopify.
- UPDATE: When admins or members customize a package, we now show the original item quantity as well as the new customized quantity. This update provides more information when viewing package details, and will enhance our customization reports.
- UPDATE: If you use GLS for shipping, we've updated the code used by Shopify from GLS (US) to simply GLS. This will ensure that carrier will accurately be sent to 3rd-party fulfillment systems.
- UPDATE: Products that are not marked as a "Physical product" in Shopify will not be sent to Wineshipping if you are using our direct integration.
- BUG: When editing a credit card in the Bloom Commerce Admin, if the card was declined, an error message would not display. That message will now display.
- WORKING ON: We're rebuilding the form website visitors use to join memberships. The customer experience is going to be very slick, using a mobile-first design approach. It will feel like a mobile app and will be directly connected to the new 1.0 architecture and data. Stay tuned.
October 17, 2022
This 1.2 release was also only a week in duration, but we got a lot done. Our normal two-week release schedule will resume with our next 1.3 version.
- NEW: If you're using ShipComplaint, and our new bundles feature in product specifications you can elect to send the bundle line items to ShipCompliant instead of the single bundle SKU. This means compliance checks will happen at the item level. You'll now see a new checkbox in the bundle component which will enable this new feature.
- NEW: Wishes in our Allocation features now support "Wish only" products. Meaning, if you want to offer a product that can only be wished for, it is as easy as setting the default values to 0, but adding a wish min/max to the package configuration.
- UPDATE: Images used on the new Customer Account views have been optimized for size and performance. When customers log in to view upcoming releases and edit their packages, they will see speed improvements.
- UPDATE: When a product is deleted from Shopify, and that product is used in an active release with packages, Bloom would show errors throughout the app. We've added new features that allow you to either swap deleted products for new products or remove them from the release and all related packages.
- UPDATE: Preflight batch orders now include an excerpt and detailed messages from ShipCompliant. This is especially helpful when there are compliance issues with the order.
- FIX: On rare occasions, when using carrier-calculated shipping rates for club orders, Bloom wasn't using the least-expensive rate returned. Sometimes the first rate returned was used. This has been fixed.
- FIX: When deleting a subscription membership in Bloom, the subscription contract on the customer in Shopify will be removed. Before this fix, it would hang around and cause confusion.
- WORKING ON: We're speeding up our order processing pipeline when batching orders. This combined with preflights will save hours of time when batching large releases.
October 11, 2022
We are releasing 1.1 a week early in order to get some important Bloom Commerce 1.0 features live. We're working on our 1.2 release, which will also be completed in one week. This will put is back on our normal two-week schedule for the 1.3 release.
- NEW: Our allocation features are now fully complete, including wish list functionality. You can now segment memberships into groups, allocate specific wines to those groups, and allow for members to wish for more wines if they become available. If you're interested in allocation-style releases or want to upgrade from our old system, let us know!
- NEW: Customers can now have a completely new experience when logging into their Shopify account. If you've upgraded to Bloom Commerce 1.0, your members will have easier access to their membership information and can customize the package for the upcoming release. The new interfaces will also display member pricing, making it easier for members to know exactly what their next shipment will cost. If configured to use our new skip shipment feature, members can now choose to skip the upcoming release.
- NEW: When using our new Preflight feature for batching, you can now see all packages that might have issues before you create your final orders. For instance, Bloom Commerce 1.0 now provides the ability to see all orders that will not pass compliance checks and allows you to fix any issues before batching. There are too many cool features of Preflight to list here. Let us know if you want a demo or are ready to upgrade.
- FIX: We fixed an issue when checking compliance on POS orders, where Bloom Commerce may have not re-checked compliance when the final order was created in Shopify. This has been fixed so now all orders are always checked right before committing them to ShipCompliant.
- FIX: You may have experienced an intermittent error when using the Pay with Saved Credit Card feature on Shopify Draft Orders. This has been fixed for all shops.
- WORKING ON: We're finalizing our new admin interfaces for Subscriptions. We're hoping to have these released in 1.3. Also working on designs for a new Releases dashboard for the Bloom Sales Channel app.
October 3, 2022
Yes, this is version 1.0, our first major release! It has been a long time coming. The team has worked hard over the past two years and the product is amazing. Most of the app has been rebuilt. Memberships, Tiers, Releases, Batches, and the Customer Account views... it is all new. Please contact us if you want a demo and upgrade. We need to assist with the setup and membership migration.
In this release, we completed over 40 new features for our 1.0 product. That is far too many to list. Future release notes will include 1.0 features.
- UPDATED: If you use Bloom's Bundle feature and you don't want the main bundle item's inventory to be controlled by the available inventory of the bundle item products, then you can let us know. We can configure your shop so that inventory sync is turned off. You might want to turn it off if you have a lot of bundles that use the same product, and you want to control the inventory of the main bundle products with very specific values.
- FIX: If the location used in the POS didn't have a value for the "Apartment, suite, etc." field in Shopify settings, Bloom's Check Compliance feature might have displayed an error. Now a value isn't required in this address field.
- FIX: Shops with hundreds of products may have made Bloom's Product Specs view in Bloom Settings time out. That bug has been fixed.
- WORKING ON: We'll finalize our Subscription admin views in our next 1.1 release. And, we're designing a new Release dashboard, which we may have completed by 1.1.